Thoughts & Work. 2nd Year BA Drawing.

Sunday 24 October 2010

I LOVE YOU

I picked up a nice addition for my bedroom too...


(1.5m or so in height... and quite heavy considering it's polystyrene!)
I carried the heart (like this bear) from the river to London Bridge station and took it on the train home to Hither Green.

It's amazing how simply seeing a love heart shape can trigger such a loving response from complete strangers.

 I feel my experience today was quite relevant to my elective... A heart is a symbol or expression of love, so generates a positive reaction. I would have been given the same sort of attention had I been carrying a smiley face or thumbs up etc, where as a big red 'X' or a skull and cross bones conjures a completely different reactions- they carry more negative set of connotations... I am slowly reading through a book on semiotics for beginners, so I will try and analyse this further...

No comments:

Post a Comment