Thoughts & Work. 2nd Year BA Drawing.

Friday 4 February 2011

Installation pt. 2 (White Cubicle)

Trying to create the illusion of a presence behind my latex screen, by back-projecting a video taken from the screen back onto it.
At first I just positioned the screen leaning against the open door, but it didn't look very professional as you could see back into the rather neglected corridor space where the projector and DVD were. 
...So I tried stapling some fleshy cotton and lycra fabric (similar to that which tights are made from) over the opening of the doorway. This created a better looking screen...
..but the light was a little too bright so you could see the bulb through. Ideally using if using this fabric, I would have doubled the fabric up, to create a thicker screen, although this may not have worked to the back projection.
...So I combined the two, so that the fabric screen acted as a support for my latex frame and concealed the set up behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment