Thoughts & Work. 2nd Year BA Drawing.

Tuesday 19 October 2010

a bad start...

Well today we went ahead with our plan to spend the afternoon in E&C shopping centre.

...I was late, as per usual it seems...and all because I thought it was a good idea to clean out our fish tank... I ended up breaking the tank when I picked it out of the sink by it's rim and had to rush to the pet shop to get another...anyway...



As soon as I arrived I felt the same flustered way I had done in heathrow and even though I am familiar with the shopping centre (having lived in E&C last year) I still felt a little lost, but more because I needed to find the others.

It seemed there was a little bit of confusion regarding the purpose of our being there, I think it was in fact the purposelessness that formed to our purpose in an almost paradoxical way. We wanted to re-create the feeling that we had travelled to a place in with no agenda and that we must stay in order to fulfil some sort of duty.

Although as I wrote yesterday the shopping centre carried vague similarities to the airport terminal we all found that there were certain feelings would only be conjured by being in an airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment