Thoughts & Work. 2nd Year BA Drawing.

Wednesday 6 October 2010

POST-IT HANDS.

I have the habit of writing myself handy reminders, lists and general information on my hands. Usually just the dorsal surface of my left hand carries the brunt, but I occasionally branch onto my right hand, in a less coherant scrawl as I sadly lack ambidextrous abilities.
...My mother has always seen this way of organising my to do lists as somewhat unsightly. I actually find a doodled hand quite charming, although after a day, if there remains a faded trace of my reminder to buy cinnamon I am less impressed.
... I consider the lists on my hands to be an important part of my thought process, so I have decided to make a photographic record of this as a way of linking my elective- image and text, to my exploration of the body in my current practise.

No comments:

Post a Comment