Thoughts & Work. 2nd Year BA Drawing.

Tuesday 5 October 2010

QUITE BIG DRAWINGS.

(each 1m x 2m in size approx)



I made these charcoal drawings from photographs I took of people pushing their bodies into my latex stretcher. I also plan to use movie stills as a basis for drawings, as this will further distort and remove the clarity of the shapes of the human form. Incidentally I was wearing latex gloves when I made these drawings.

It is pure coincidence that my drawings have ended up being a simlar size and shape to the large frame which I stretched my latex over, but it again alludes to the idea of things being in proportion to people- that is to say my frame was about door size, bed size or maybe like a table- all things designed to accommodate the average human.

No comments:

Post a Comment